In order to be eligable for nomination to the ICAHD UK Executive Committee, the following requirements must be satisfied:
- Member of ICAHD UK
- Knowledge of ICAHD from any of the following: Participation in ICAHD summer camp, ETT study tour, other tour, pilgrimage or volunteer work in the Occupied Palestine Territory and meeting with ICAHD while there; volunteering or interning with ICAHD, hearing Jeff Halper, Co-Founder and Director of ICAHD speak
- Knowledge of ICAHD's analysis from reading "Obstacles to Peace” and/or“ An Israeli in Palestine: Resisting Dispossession, Redeeming Israel”
- Knowledge of ICAHD's work from viewing the ICAHD film “Resisting the Occupation on the Ground”, "The Iron Wall”and other films that feature Jeff Halper and ICAHD analysis
- Knowledge of the ICAHD UK website and its purpose of awareness-raising in the UK
- Ability to attend three executive committee meetings per year as well as the AGM
- Responsibility for the governance of ICAHD UK ensuring that the mission of ICAHD UK is adhered to and that a budget is identified
- Willingness to meet with ICAHD staff when they are in the UK
- Willingness to promote ICAHD UK amongst existing networks
- Willingness to lend practical support through participation in subcommittees, helping to staff resource stalls at events, marching with the ICAHD UK banner, etc
- Willingness to house ICAHD UK resources, if storage space allows
According to our constitution, members are elected for a three year term* with the possibility that they can stand for re-election.
The position of new members of the executive committee is to be reviewed after two meetings.
*At present, members are elected for a two-year term but it will be proposed at the AGM to increase this to a three year term.