Join ICAHD UK, an organisation launched in 2004 in British parliament, that continues to ‘punch above its weight’. Our analysis is based on international law and universal human rights. We offer unique activism through our involvement in extensive networks and our direct connection to ICAHD’s campaigning history.
In the deepening struggle for peace with justice in Palestine/Israel, it is vital for critical Israeli voices to be heard in the UK. Since its founding in 1997, the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions (ICAHD), co-founded and directed by Jeff Halper, has been on the cutting edge in providing political analysis about the reality on the ground. Over the years its views have been sought out by the media, diplomats, politicians, peace activists and religious bodies. ICAHD is one of the few Israeli peace and human rights organisations with ECOSOC status at the UN, which allows it to submit oral and written reports and participate in a wide range of UN activities.
Our focus for mobilization is the demolition of Palestinian homes and other structures vital for living in the Occupied Palestine Territory and of Palestinian structures within the state of Israel. We instigate and support specific campaigns (as detailed below), support BDS (boycotts, divestment and sanctions until Israel abides by international law) and work towards One Democratic State in Palestine/Israel as the only practical way to a just and sustainable peace for all the people of Palestine/Israel. ICAHD UK is a member of the European Coordination of Committees and Associations for Palestine (ECCP).
As a political NGO we are not eligible for charitable status, therefore raising funds to continue our important work remains a constant challenge.
With members’ subscriptions, we gain the regular income we need to plan our work effectively.
Members are the lifeblood of our advocacy work and campaigning.
As a member, you will
- Support an influential organisation that works on the cutting-edge including on the ground in Palestine/Israel
- Receive news and information about events, campaigns, and the current situation in Palestine/Israel
- Have access to exclusive members’ events and resources
- Receive a discount for ICAHD UK conferences and events
- Have the opportunity to represent ICAHD UK in your region
Our minimum membership fee is £5 per month (£60 per year) or £2 per month (£12 per year) for the unwaged/students.
Our current work includes:
- Rebuilding a Palestinian home in autumn 2020 for a young family in the much-contested South Hebron Hills, an action that will also bring Palestinians and Israelis together who refuse to be enemies.
- Protesting JCB British-made bulldozers and pneumatic drills being used to demolish Palestinian homes. Read more...
- Calling for the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) to stop taking donations from JCB which is in effect tarnished money because children are left homeless, traumatized and with families plunged into poverty. Read more...
- Campaigning for the Jewish National Fund (JNF) to stop its determination to evict the 18-member Sumarin family from their home in East Jerusalem to be taken over by extreme religious settlers which will strengthen Israel’s policy of evictions, demolitions, and displacement. Read more...
- Preparing sample letters for lobbying MPs. Read more...
- Sending out monthly newsletters full of information and analysis and mid-monthly actions bulletins providing guidance on what people can do. View our latest newsletter here.
- Offering a series of webinars featuring prominent speakers from Palestine, Israel and around the world on topics ranging from settler colonialism and decolonisation, a vision for one democratic state, demolitions in the Occupied Palestine Territory and Israel and the impact demolitions have on women and children, as well as participating in webinars arranged by other organisations. Read more...
- Raising awareness of the issues amongst politicians and other decision makers, in addition to among the general population.
How to Join Us
1 Set up a Standing Order. This is the preferred method of payment. Please download and complete this form (download here) and email the completed form to email@example.com or post it to ICAHD UK, BM ICAHD UK, London WC1N 3XX.
If payment by Standing Order is not possible, the following methods can be used
2 Pay by Debit or Credit Card. You can set up regular (monthly or annual) payments via debit or credit card by completing this form below. Payments are securely processed using the Stripe payment system.
3. By Cheque. We can also accept payment by cheque. Cheques should be made payable to ICAHD UK and posted, along with the completed form (download here), to ICAHD UK, BM ICAHD UK, London WC1N 3XX
Donations are always welcome from individuals, community groups, religious groups…remember us for legacies….