Our ICAHD chapters lend support to ICAHD’s mission and vision around the world.
ICAHD UK was launched in the Houses of Parliament in June 2004. It invites supporters to join as members and uses ICAHD resources and analysis to promote the work of the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions through:
- Educating, informing, and disseminating information to the UK public on the situation on the ground in Palestine and the state of Israel, specifically any activities that may affect the achievement of a just and sustainable peace.
- Empowering and encouraging a membership to campaign and advocate to people of all levels of influence, and through their own networks to help build a movement for change in Israel and Palestine amongst UK leaders and citizens.
- Advocating and campaigning in support of human rights in both Israel and Palestine.
- Raising money for ICAHD’s work.
Conferences and workshops are held on an annual basis to help equip supporters to be more effective campaigners when using ICAHD’s information, analysis and resources.
ICAHD UK works collaboratively with many other organizations, including faith groups, and participates in events such as local and regional meetings, conferences, festivals, demonstrations and the annual Palestine Lobby Day in British parliament.
Every year ICAHD staff members are brought to the UK for speaking tours around Britain.
ICAHD UK also lobbies at the EU in Brussels and at the UN in Geneva.
ICAHD UK encourages participation in ICAHD’s in-depth study tours, ICAHD’s rebuilding camps and raises money for ICAHD’s rebuilding program. ICAHD UK is active in the BDS campaign as supported by ICAHD.
ICAHD UK is a registered company limited by guarantee.
ICAHD-USA was incorporated as an independent non-profit in 2004, and founded by a diverse group of U.S. activists working to bring about a just and sustainable peace in Israel/Palestine while advocating for an end to the Israeli Occupation of Palestine. ICAHD-USA is committed to advancing a just peace between Israelis and Palestinians based on coexistence and respect for the human rights of both peoples. We believe that the needs for self-determination of both Israelis and Palestinians must be addressed and that a political solution must provide all peoples of the region with security, dignity, freedom and economic opportunity. We affirm that a lasting peace is only possible by ending Israel’s Occupation and control of the West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem. We oppose all forms of violence. ICAHD-USA’s Educational Activities include
- Presenting plenaries and conducting workshops at conferences
- Organizing speaker tours
- Disseminating information and mobilizing public opinion
- Making presentations at synagogues, churches, mosques, universities, and festivals
- Organizing public events and forums
- Publishing op-ed pieces and letters to the editor
- Co-sponsoring events with other Middle East peace groups
- Networking with peace and human rights organizations to provide current, relevant educational information
ICAHD Germany was founded in June 2013 as the German section of ICAHD, the Israeli Organization. Because of Germany’s past, very little information is published that is critical of Israel’s policy and its Human Rights violations in the Occupied Territories. Thus the main objectives of our organization are:
- spreading of information in Germany about what is happening in Palestine, in particular about house demolitions, displacements and the destruction of the infrastructure of Palestinians
- Lobbying German governmental and political institutions with respect to the question of the Palestinians
- translating analyses of the political situation in Palestine published by ICAHD
- promoting the tours in Palestine offered by ICAHD
- promoting participation in the re-building camps carried out by ICAHD
- encouraging people to donate to ICAHD
- organizing tours for ICAHD speakers to inform the German public
Australians for Human Rights in Palestine (AHRP) is a non-profit organisation incorporated in 2015, operating as ICAHD’s official affiliate in Australia and New Zealand. AHRP aims to educate the public on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, promoting ICAHD’s analysis and study programs that disrupt how the issues are represented in local mainstream media and political discourse. We identify Australian and New Zealander linkages to Israel’s illegal practices, and thus aim to pressure all parties involved to meet their non-negotiable obligations under the Geneva Conventions and international law. Our activities include:
- Publishing materials to inform on the current situation in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT), and its relevance to human rights and international law.
- Organising and partaking in speaking tours, conferences and forum panels.
- Contributing to campaigns that target local linkages to violations of human rights and international law in Israel and the OPT.
- Promoting the activities and achievements of ICAHD chapters worldwide, and supporting ICAHD in the dissemination of its research and study programs.
- Lobbying local politicians and institutions on the stated issues.
- Engaging with other local Israel-Palestine related peace and justice groups to coordinate a unified goal for a just and viable peace in Palestine.
ICAHD Finland is a politically independent and unaligned organisation founded in Finland in September 2009. The main objective of our organization is to spread out information about Finland’s connections in Israel/Palestine, and to help inform others on the current situation and the history of the Israel/Palestine conflict. The organization publishes material produced by its members, translates foreign-language material to Finnish, organizes informative events, and runs campaigns about the importance of international law and its relevancy to the Israeli occupation. In addition, ICAHD Finland maintains active, daily relations to Israel and the Occupied Territories, and brings Palestinian and Israeli dignitaries to Finland.