THE ICAHD SUMMER REBUILDING CAMP
Every year hundreds of Palestinians are forced from their homes, homes built on land they own. Since 1967 Israel has demolished more than 26,000 Palestinian homes in the West Bank and East Jerusalem. In 2011 Israel demolished more than 500 structures, displacing hundreds of Palestinians. ICAHD rebuilds homes as acts of political resistance, creating alternative facts on the ground.
Israel’s policy of house demolitions and evictions is illegal under international law. Its purpose is to disenfranchise entire Palestinian communities and expropriate their land. Needless to say it is traumatic to the thousands of Palestinian men, women and children who have experienced the loss of their homes
Join with Palestinians and Israelis who refuse to be enemies in a powerful act of non-violent resistance by rebuilding a Palestinian home.
Participate in an extensive educational program including field trips to both sides of the divide.
Strengthen your involvement in the global movement to end home demolitions and bring about peace with justice for all peoples.
Internationals are invited to participate in the Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions (ICAHD) summer rebuild camp to rebuild a Palestinian home demolished by Israeli authorities. These political acts of resistance, in which Israelis, Palestinians and international volunteers have so far rebuilt 187 homes, constitute one of the most powerful and meaningful ways we can stand in solidarity with Palestinian families.
THE FEE INCLUDES:
- Accommodation will be at Beit Arabiya in Anata, the home of Salim and Arabiya Shawamreh, which has been demolished four times.
- Living conditions are clean but basic and shared with the other participants, and camp participants are expected to honour local Muslim community traditions.
- 3 full meals a day and beverages between meals (except during three free evenings when participants are away from the camp).
- All field trips and educational programs.
PRICE DOESN’T INCLUDE
- Airfare and transfer to and from Jerusalem before the start of the camp and then back to the airport at the end of the summer rebuilding camp.
- Meals and beverages during free time.
- Personal spending money (there is a wide-range of Palestinian products available and buying those helps to support the Palestinian economy).
For information and application form contact:
Canada & USA email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Norway email to: email@example.com
Finland email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Germany email to: email@example.com
Australia email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
UK and all other European countries email to: email@example.com
Rest of the world: firstname.lastname@example.org