ICAHD Director Dr. Jeff Halper will be travelling to the US for a mixture of advocacy, meetings with activists and fund-raising.
The focus of Halper’s discussions will be centered on the issue: Between Solutions: Where Do We Go in Israel/Palestine after the Death of the Two-State Solution? Halper’s talks begin by considering the essential elements that must be present in any just and workable resolution of the conflict. He then goes on to review different perspectives on the one-state solution, and especially how that would look from a critical Israeli perspective. (See our working paper, “In the Name of Justice”).
The thrust of Dr. Halper’s talks is to exploit the present political limbo to think through where we should be going in the struggle for a just peace, and sets the stage for a vibrant and somewhat unexpected discussion.
Portland, Oregon: Thurs, Sept 20 – Sun, Sept 23
Phoenix: Sun, Sept 23 — Wed, Sept 26
Albuquerque: Wed, Sept 26 – Sun, Sept 30
- Sabeel Conference, Sept 28-29
New York: Sun 30 — Mon, Oct 8
- UN General Assembly
- One day visit on Oct. 4 to Philadelphia, speaking at Swarthmore and U Penn
- Saturday October 6 and Sunday Oct 7 – Russell Tribunal on Palestine
Boston: Mon, Oct 8 – Fri, Oct 12
- Students for a Just Peace in Palestine talk at Tufts, Wednesday, October 10 at 8 pm
- Wed, Oct 10 – Harvard Law School
- Thurs, Oct 11: Hampshire College; 7:30 presentation and fundraiser at Unitarian Church, Northhampton
Philly: Sat, Oct 13 – Sun, Oct 14
- Speaking at Temple University
- Saturday, October 13 at 2 p.m American Friends Service Committee Center; 7:30 talk at Mishkan-Shalom (Reconstructionist) Synagogue
- Sunday morning talk, Swarthmore Presbyterian Church, 9:45 am- 11 am